Friday 24 August 2012

AWOL but now I'm....Back to School Expo

 I thought I'd start with a little randomness. Some of you may have noticed that I've been very quiet for a few days - some would say AWOL. Well, not strictly true. I have been on my holiday. This year? Gran Canaria. A week in the sun (well, more like baking heat) which more than made up for the incessant rain we've had here all summer. We had a fabulous hotel complete with Thalassotherapy spa, the larget and most complete in Europe so we were told, although I didn't indulge myself (kicking myself now though). The view from our balcony was superb and the food a dream (although I had to check myself when my vegetarian sandwich arrived and I found out - before I took a bite I hasten to add - that they'd put tuna in the mayonnaise...yew! ). So before I get down to the serious business, I thought I'd share a few of my holiday snaps with you.

The view from our terrace

Don't ask - I'm not even sure what that is..


Our daytime paradise...

... and nightime oasis. Loved the floating candles!

Just for fun. This little guy lived at the main entrance to the hotel.
So, fresh out of passport control, here I am. And I want to tell you about a very important event that's taking place this week. 

I'm sure you've all heard about the fantastic opportunities for CPD offered by those fabulous people at the Virtual Teaching Expo. Between August 25th and September 1st they are holding a Back to School Event. This is a really great way to get yourself into gear for the new school year. The Expo is all about five seminars that you can join in with at home, coffee (or something a little stronger...) and chocolate to hand. You don't need to dress up - in fact, you don't need to dress at all - PJs and slippers will do just fine. Your company is all that's required.

The Virtual Teaching Expo will feature:
  • Reading Success by Annie Moffatt from The Moffatt Girls
  • Technology Tools for Teachers by Cara Whitehead from Teaching...My Calling
  • Classroom Decorating 101 by Melanie Ralbusky from Schoolgirl Style
  • Classroom Environment and Back to School Procedures by Eric and Brian from Wise Guys
  • Creating a Fun Math Environment with Math Journals by Yvonne Crawford from MixMinder
To add to the excitement, there's something new in the air. Teachers Notebook is sponsoring a Vendors'  Hall for event attendees, which I am so proud to be a part of... You'll receive 30% off your TN purchases featured in the hall. These items are available at this rate exclusively to attendees from August 25th to September 1st. But wait... there's more. As well as top class seminars, discounts on products and the chance to lend a helping hand to other educators, attendees will receive a goodie bag of freebies! Sounds like a good deal to me... Click on the badge below to find out more!


As an added bonus, I'm rewarding all my wonderful friends who purchase one of my items from the Vendors' Hall with a free surprise bonus item. Do take a minute to stop by, but most of all, enjoy the Expo!

1 comment:

  1. It looks like you had an awesome get away! Glad you enjoyed yourself!
    Shibahn
    www.landoflearning.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a message. I read every single one and try to reply to as many as possible.

Tried Amazon Prime?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover